The celebration of the 57th Anniversary of the Independence of the Republic of Madagascar under the sign of optimism, strengthening friendship and cooperation between Germany and Madagascar:
Saturday, June 24 was a busy celebration of the Independence Day for the Embassy of the Republic of Madagascar in Falkensee.
- from 10 am to 4 pm took place open-door cultural and economic promotion activities.
The exhibition of paintings by a self-taught Malagasy artist Ms Catherine Dietl, whose theme was inspired by her personal life "Being Malagasy, State of Mind and Spirit of State", highlighted the history, the talent of its nationals and the wealth of Madagascar.
Sale and exhibition stands on cultural items and handicrafts “Made in Madagascar”, (hand-embroidered dress for children, raffia bags and hats, zebu horn jewelry), and culinary specialties (mofo bol, chili donut, samosa, nem, homemade ice cream ...) were also highly appreciated by the visitors.
- The diplomatic reception from 12.30 am to 2.30 pm was well attended by among others, the Ambassadors of Niger, Algeria, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, the Republic of Guinea, Thailand, Tanzania, the Chargé d'affaires of Botswana, Peru and diplomats from Nigeria, Côte d'Ivoire, Togo. The audience was moved by the singing of the Malagasy and German national anthems by the pupils of the primary school Erich-Kästner Grundschule. The Honorary Consuls of Hamburg Mr. Eckard Koll, of Düsseldorf Mr. Lutz Pollmann and the new Consul in Heidelberg of the Stuttgart Region Dr. Alfred Huber have come especially to Berlin to honor this yearly event. It is also worth mentioning that the German Ambassador in Antananarivo, Dr. Harald Gehrig and his spouse (on holidays) were also among the guests of honor of this diplomatic reception.
- The speech delivered by Mrs. Florence Isabelle Rafaramalala, Chargé d'Affaires a.i, highlighted the strong ties between the two countries, in different fields and at all levels, which drew their source 134 years ago, by the signing of the Treaty of Friendship and Commerce between the Kingdom of Madagascar and the German Empire. She also hailed Germany's support in the areas of environmental protection, energy, decentralization and others, and recognized the important role of the FES in its political capacity-building activities. She did not fail to mention the strong links of cooperation between the Embassy and the stakeholders and State officials of the City of Falkensee.
- It should be noted that the inhabitants of Falkensee look forward to attending such an open-door event, to discover again and again the Embassy, the cultural, culinary and artisanal specificities of the Island. Associations working for Madagascar also held stands to raise consciousness among visitors. Were also present : local presses including Falkensee Aktuell and Märkisches Allgemeine Zeitung, the representative of the Mayor of the city of Falkensee speaking a perfect French, the representative of the football team Of Falkensee-Finkenkrug who played 3-4 years ago with the Malagasy team, the directors and responsible of partner-Kita and schools like that in Nesthüpfer and the Erich-Kästner-Grundschule, who has been working with a Malagasy public school since 2014.
- Finally, family party was devoted to the Malagasy Diaspora from 5 pm to 10 pm, during which messages of thanks and appreciation of solidarity, good collaboration were addressed by the Chargé d'Affaires ai. The latter also conveyed the call of the President on diaspora members, during his recent visit to bring in their contribution to the development of the country. To this end, a Forum of the Diaspora will be organizes by the Ministry for Foreign affairs in Antananarivo from 26 to 28 October 2017.As for the President of the Malagasy Association of Berlin, he stressed the message of solidarity, experience, knowledge and knowhow-sharing. The evening ended up in a warm and friendly atmosphere of dance, music and grill-party.
Generalities about Madagascar
Phone: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-0
Fax: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-29
09:00 am - 12:30 pm
13:30 pm - 16:30 pm
The Embassy is closed on the following German and Malagasy holidays:
- 01 May
- 25 May
- 05 June
- 26 June
- 15 August
- 3 October
- 31 October
- 01 November
- 25 December
- 26 December