Year 2013: Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the African Union
This year, the 50th anniversary of the African Union revealed a particular importance because of several events held in this honor and all embassies of the African Union including Madagascar participated on them during May and June 2013.
During these events, Madagascar has been able to highlight not only its advantages in terms of crafts products and culinary dishes, but also the partnership and exchange between Germany and Madagascar on the economic, social and cultural field.
- 21 May 2013: Diplomatic Reception preceded by a conference on “the perspectives of development in Africa”, hosted by UNIDO DG
- 23 May 2013: gala dinner hosted by Afrika Verein at the headquarters of Siemens honored by former President Köhler,
- 24 May 2013: The German Federal President Joachim Gauck received in the morning High Diplomatic Representatives at the Bellevue Château. His speech focused on "Africa and Germany." Then the day ended with a cultural evening at the town hall of Reinickendorf organized by the countries of the African Union.
- 25 May 2013: “Day of Development” organized by the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and BMZ in 16 federal states of Germany with the main theme "Your commitment, Our future." Embassy had booths in Berlin and Potsdam.
- 27 June 2013:* An economic conference was held at DIHK honored by its president, the Dean of the African Union, and the Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development. The theme was "Africa, an economy ready to take off."
Generalities about Madagascar
Phone: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-0
Fax: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-29
09:00 am - 12:30 pm
13:30 pm - 16:30 pm
The Embassy is closed on the following German and Malagasy holidays:
- 01 May
- 25 May
- 05 June
- 26 June
- 15 August
- 3 October
- 31 October
- 01 November
- 25 December
- 26 December