The formality of the final move is for all nationals who have lived regularly abroad more than 6 months and have decided to return definitly in Madagascar. It is the first application for an exemption request of customs duties on personal belongings. the final agreement is made by the Ministry of Finance in Madagascar.
The applicant must solemnly declare having lived abroad for a certain period, carry with him his own property without intention of selling. He must prove his identity, malagasy nationality, the date of his arrival in the foreign country, its legal residence and the regular purchase for personal use of his belongings.
- Deadline: the formality of removal has to be requested 2-3 weeks before the departure date. It is advised to proceed directly to the Consular and avoid requests by mail, as additional information may be needed at any time.
- Validity: The certificate of final move is valid for three months from the date of arrival at new residence in Madagascar.
- The final move can take place only once by family
- This application is not allowed for persons who have maintained their residence outside and returned to Madagascar in order to make a temporary stay.
Files provided :
- Fees 10 €
- A letter addressed to the Chief of Diplomatic Mission of the Republic of Madagascar
Records to be provided:
- Right 10€
- Application on plain paper addressed to the Chief of Diplomatic Mission of the Republic of Madagascar;
- Application of Final move in duplicate
- A copy of the travel ticket or certificate issued by a travel agency
- A certificate of residence issued by the municipality of residence
- The complete list of personal effects, and a copy of registration car issued for a minimum of one year
- Certificate of studies or training
- Consular Card has to be returned to the Embassy with a copy of the complete passport
- Stamped envelope in case of sending by mail
Generalities about Madagascar
Phone: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-0
Fax: +49 (0)3322 - 2314-29
09:00 am - 12:30 pm
13:30 pm - 16:30 pm
The Embassy is closed on the following German and Malagasy holidays:
- 01 May
- 25 May
- 05 June
- 26 June
- 15 August
- 3 October
- 31 October
- 01 November
- 25 December
- 26 December