Following the Decree No. 2015-136 of February, 17th 2015 underlying the attributions of the Foreign Ministry and the organization of its Ministry,
A Direction of Diaspora (DD) under the authority of the General Department of Economic Promotion and the Diaspora ( DGPED ) was created.
- The participation of the Diaspora in socio-economic development of Madagascar
- The strengthening links between the Malagasy Diaspora and their country
- The information on the opportunities and socio-economic projects
- The promotion of rooting for the young generation to the Malagasy culture and identity
- Protecting the interests of the Diaspora in the host country
Contact of the Diaspora Department at the Malagasy Ministry of Foreign Affairs